Rocklands, Norfolk

The Villages of Rockland All Saints and Rockland St Peter

Home The VillageFacilities and OrganisationsClubs and Leisure activitiesBusiness DirectoryThe Parish CouncilBygone RocklandsRoll of Honour2001 CensusLinks

Bygone Rocklands
Rockland All Saints -Beyond The Street

Tuppins Farm and Magpie Cottage, both in Magpie Lane

 

The ruined tower of St Andrew's Church, now surrounded by a plantation

 

The School Room was built in 1851 by the Rector of All Saints Church at a cost of 200, and at one time educated up to 35 children. It was later merged with the village school, but was again used during World War 2 for evacuees. Its great interest is that it retains many of the original Victorian features.


 

All Saints Rectory

 

Norrolds. This was between the present Norrolds Farm and Church Farm and was occupied by the Skitmore family, but has since been demolished

 

Kirk Hall. This Manor is mentioned in The Domesday Book

 


Fen Street

 


Holly Farm, Fen Street